Artist Jai Ranjit ZAIU:
You can now find, Artist 'Jai Ranjit ZAIU' from all over the world, Right Here !!!
Entre into the most exciting part....
Jai Shailen Ranjit
Contact No. : +91 98199 38317
Correspondence Address : B-602, Airport View, Veer Makarand Ghanekar Marg, Vile Parle (E), Mumbai 400057.
DoB : 11 March, 1988
SELF-TAUGHT ARTIST, PHOTOGRAPHER AND ART TEACHER
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE-
- 2007-present – Full time artist & private art teacher(2009-present)
- 2016-2017– Social Media Content Writer at Quaver Communications
- 2013-2015 – Consulting artist for Visual Disobedience on Arty Party
- 2011-2013 – Art Teacher – Crestar Creativity Center, Mumbai
- 2010 - Gallery Manager – Lakeeren – The Contemporary Art Gallery, Mumbai
- Apprenticed under Brinda Chudasama Miller
- B.A. 2009 - Jai Hind College/Mumbai University ( Political Science – Philosophy)
- HSc 2006 – Jai Hind College (Science)
- ICSE 2004 – Jamnabai Narsee School (Science & Technical Drawing)
- RADART Star Award 2017 for painting “The Dancing Girl”
- RADART State Award for Best Artwork for Artist from Maharashtra 2017 for painting “Blind Faith”
- June ’17 – Radiance, group exhibition at Pritamlal Dua Art Gallery, Indore
- May ’17 – Carnaval d’Art, group exhibition at Faculty of Fine Art, MSU Baroda
- Apr. ’17 – United Kalakaar group exhibition at Studio Pepperfry, Mumbai
- Feb. ’17 – Imeyouime – Group show at POND at BREWHOUSE, New Delhi
- Dec. ’16 – FlipArt – Solo show at iBar, Mumbai
- Oct. ’16 – The Art Vibe, Group show at B Desi, Navi Mumbai
- Sept. ’16 – The Alipore Post Offline - Bengaluru
- Aug. ’16 – Junta Art Market – Group show at Bonobo, Mumbai
- Aug. ’16 – Solo exhibit at Eskay Resorts, Borivali, Mumbai
- July ’16 – SPEKTRUM 2 – Group show at Pritamlal Dua Art Gallery, Indore
- Apr. ’16 – SPEKTRUM – Group show at West10 Art Gallery, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
- Nov. ’15 – FlipArt – Solo show at iBar, Mumbai
- July ’14 – FlipArt – Solo show at iBar, Mumbai
- 2014 – Arty Party & ArtyParty Vol.2 – Visual Disobedience, Mumbai
- Sept. ’12 – ‘Visual Disobedience’ – Group show at Julius Macwan Institute, Mumbai
- Apr. ’12 – Solo show at Fellas, Khar (w), Mumbai
- Nov.-Dec.’11 – Untitled Solo show at 5 ALL DAY, Colaba, Mumbai.
- Nov. ’11–‘Advaita V’ – Group show at Kohinoor Continental Hotel, Andheri (E), Mumbai
- Mar. ’11 – ‘14 of 676’ – Group show at Artville, Bengaluru
- Jan. ’11 – ‘AHAVA’ – Group show at Paintbrush And Chisel, Lado Sarai, New Delhi
- Nov. ’10 – ‘Artistic Expressions’ – 3rd Solo, Standard Chartered Bank, Breach Candy, Mumbai
- Nov. ’10 – ‘Preservation’ – Group show curated by Smeetha Bhoumik, Artist’s Centre, Mumbai
- Sept. ’09 – “Of Art And Mind” – solo show at Art Entrance Gallery, Mumbai.
- Apr. 09’ – Mystic Glory – Group Show at Cymroza Art Gallery, Mumbai
- Mar. ’09 – Group Show with Desire Arts at Epicentre, Gurgaon
- Feb. ‘09 - Variations – Group show at Epicentre, Gurgaon by Desire Arts
- Dec. ’08 – “Human Tendencies”- first solo show at Art Entrance Gallery, Mumbai.
- Lavasa Utsav Art Camp, 2010
- Mandwa, Hosted by Mr. Vinod Momaya in January, 2009.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE, WORKSHOPS & LIVE ART PERFORMANCES -
- WOODCUT 101 – Printmaking workshop at BARO, Mumbai, June 2017
- Multiple painting workshops for Bombay Drawing Room, 2017
- WOODCUT 101 – Printmaking workshops at Blue Tokai, Mumbai, March & April 2017
- Live art at Nariyal Paani, Alibaug 2017
- Workshops on ‘Paint Like Picasso’ & ‘Drawing Mythical Creatures’ at The Alipore Post Offline, Bengaluru, 2016
- Workshop on woodcut printmaking at Artisans’ Centre, Kala Ghoda, Mumbai, 2016
- Paint Like Picasso – Live art demo at Workbay, Mumbai 2016
- Woodcut Printmaking – Workshop with Junta at Todi Mill Social, Mumbai 2016
- The Lost Party – live performance with ‘AsWeKeepSearching’, Lonavala 2016
- Workshops at HappiFest, Mumbai, 2015
- Basics of Woodcut Printmaking – Workshop at Roti Kapda Makaan, Mumbai 2015
- EMERGE Music & Art Festival – for Viacom with Danish Band ‘Go Go Berlin’ (3 city tour of Mumbai, Pune & Bengaluru) 2014
- Live performance at Art Hop, Mumbai 2014
- Achieve Together Conference – Art workshop, Mumbai 2014
- Writer’s Bug workshop, Mumbai 2014
- “Paint Like Picasso” – Cubism workshop for Visual Disobedience, Mumbai 2014
- Workshop series - #ArtWithZaiu at The Hive, 2014
- Workshop series at Gostana, Mumbai in 2013
- Workshops and classes for children with Writer’s Bug 2013
- Workshops for Teach For India 2013
- T-shirt and canvas painting at High Street Phoenix, Mumbai in 2013
- Art Teacher at Crestar Creativity Centre, [Pali Hill, Bandra], Mumbai 2011 – 2013
- Workshop on Abstract Art at Directi , Mumbai for the 2010 deviantMeet
- Workshop on painting at Mod’Art International Institute of Fashion Design and Management, Mumbai in April and May 2009.
- Taught ‘Modern and Graffiti Art’ as Visiting Faculty at Mod’Art International Fashion Institute, [Vile Parle (E)] Mumbai.
KALA GHODA ARTS FESTIVAL –
- 2008 - Part of the Festival Team as Programme Scheduler and Assistant for Visual Arts Section to Brinda Chudasama Miller, along with being On Ground Co-ordinator
- 2009 – 3 Visual Art Installations
- 2010 - Part of the Festival Team as Programme Scheduler and Assistant for Visual Arts Section to Brinda Chudasama Miller, along with being On Ground Co-ordinator
IMPORTANT COMMISSIONS -
- Shipping containers for BeachBox, Mandwa Jetty, Alibaug
- Mural for BODYLINE, Indore
- Mural for Ruff Kids photoshoot, Colaba, Mumbai
- Mural for ‘Me So Happi Express’, restaurant on Carter Road, Bandra, Mumbai
- Mural for ‘Rush’, a childrens adventure play area, Ballard Estate, Mumbai
- Mural for ‘Me So Happi’, restaurant in Khar West, Mumbai
- Mural for Rivali Park, Borivali East, Mumbai
- Mural for interiors of bar at Cool Chef Café, Worli, Mumbai
- Mural for Mr. Bobbie Vijayakar, Architect, Mumbai
- Paintings and shoes for Mr. Ravi Pillai, New York City
- Shoes for Bombay Stores, Mumbai
- Paintings for Mr. Mathew Thomas, Vizag & Mr. Amit Talwar, New Delhi
Jai ‘Zaiu’ Ranjit (b. 1988) is a self-taught artist who lives and works in Mumbai. With numerous solo & group shows in five cities across India under his belt in the past 10 years, Jai is constantly on experimental path, trying to understand styles and combinations that might better explain a particular concept, emotion or notion.
With a love for teaching, Jai is always encouraging young and old to pick up the brush, be it to satisfy a creative yearning, or to gain from the therapeutic powers of the arts. He enjoys photography and writing, and is part of several art and photography groups in Mumbai. Jai has also introduced a new avenue of art exposure: “#ArtAuction” on twitter, where people from around the world can bid for small to mid-sized paintings.
Zaiu also has a Youtube channel that is dedicated to sharing the life of an artist as well as interviews with fellow artists and designers with the world. He started painting as a full time artist in 2007 after a year of self instruction, and has been teaching art since 2008, and regularly conducts workshops and live art performances like at Viacom’s Emerge Music & Art Festival (3 city tour with Danish band Go Go Berlin), Naariyal Paani and The Lost Party to name a few music festivals in the recent past.
Radart wishes you all the very best !!!
Radart Life Membership Form, if you wish to know more !!! (Click to Enter)